Navigation

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Holy Paperwork

I of course always knew that the Army had a form for everything but rarely had I ever myself encountered it. Until now that is!
Completing paperwork for command sponsorship was stressful to say the least. And while it's faster to get orders in your hand when your husband is already in country, it also makes things that much harder in terms of paperwork. First I had to have JB send me the form 5888 (EFMP form) via email after he had his command authorize me to get it filled out. Then I had to take it to be filled out by EFMP office on post. Both kids cleared easily however because I had a slight case of post-partum depression after Rylee I had to be cleared by a medical physician. So another appointment to make before 5888 could be signed and sent off. That appointment I got done the next day and turned in so EFMP was done. Then I had to go get our no-fee passports applied for but I couldn't do this unless both parents are present with the kids... obviously we couldn't do that so JB had to overnight form 3053 signed and notorized to make sure I wasn't trying to run off out of the country with the kids (even though we were headed to the same country JB was in..) I understand the safety precaution... but it was a pain when my husband was already in Korea. But we got those taken care of as well and applied for. We can pick them up as soon as we have orders in our hands.

But now is the hard part.... the waiting. It takes 7-14 business days to get orders cut... however. JB ended up going into the field for 30 days before being able to submit the packet so here we sit waiting for him to get out so that we can get it turned in so our orders can be cut and we can be on our way.

The good news? We should have orders by November 4th... (hopefully. assuming the army is on top of their game - not sure i've ever experienced that thus far though). Once orders are in MY hand... then I can head to transportation office.... schedule the movers, schedule our flights and be on our way... arriving in korea as early as before thanks giving and as late as right before Christmas....  Meaning JB should be there for Mr. Landen's first Christmas... If we are lucky, first Thanksgiving - not holding our breath tho...

Maybe my wish of "all I want for Christmas is my soldier" will come true....

No comments:

Post a Comment